EDUCATION: IKPEAZU MAKES 9 INTERESTING DECISION DURING AN UNSCHEDULED VISIT TO SCHOOLS (MUST READ)
During an unscheduled visit to Abayi Secondary & Primary School and Osusu Amaukwa Secondary and Primary School, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu made the following landmark decision:
* Promises to build 13 new model schools in addition to the existing 4.
* Directs ASUBEB to construct 300 new classroom blocks in addition to the 359 done in his first term.
* Vows to continue the school feeding program and explore possibility of extending it to junior secondary schools in the state.
* Directs private school proprietors to ensure that school buildings are constructed with sporting facilities and mirror existing public model schools in the state.
* Directs the State’s Ministry of Education to collaborate with Ministries of Science, Land/Planning to ensure that all school buildings in the state have strong foundations and are safe for school children.
* Directs security agencies to ensure the protection of all public schools in order to avoid miscreants using the facilities as hideouts and places for their nefarious activities.
* Assures on continuous training and improved welfare for teachers within the public school system.
* Sets to launch compulsory IT based learning system in all primary and secondary schools in the state.
* Expresses desire to ensure that Abia continues to lead in Nigeria, especially in STEM education.
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . For more enquiry, please call +234-903-332-9775 or whatsapp +234-803-792-3602. To place advert, please call 08037923602.