OPINION: BOURDEX IS THE APGA ABIA NORTH SENATORIAL CANDIDATE, DON’T MIND THOSE JOKERS – BY KALU OKAFOR
I have carefully observed with kin interest the fruitless effort by one James Okoroafor who goes about claiming to be the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) Abia North Senatorial Candidate. As a supporter of Chief Dr. David Ogba Onuoha Bourdex, the only reason I am writing, is because of the good people of Abia North who we will not allow to get confused with the cacophony of James Okoroafor and his co travelers, who have lost out in the scheme of things and have refused to come to terms with that fact.
Primary election has come and gone, just like every other thing in life, some people have won and likewise some people have lost. It is true that it hurts to lose out from a process, but just like sports that politics is described as, people should learn to quickly come to terms with the fact that they lost and immediately congratulate the winner and even team up with the winner to emerge winner in the overall election.
But in the case of James Okoroafor, instead of accepting defeat, he embarked on a voyage of deceit with his leaders with an intent to self-destruct.
Just yesterday, their voyage of deceit led them to Love FM in Umuahia where he declared himself the APGA Senatorial candidate for Abia North which to me, is the action of a drowning man.
Let me state these facts;
- James Okoroafor was disqualified by Abia North Senatorial screening committee before the primary election.
- Chief David Ogba Onuoha Bourdex was the only aspirant that was cleared to contest for primary
- During the primary, the ballot paper only contained the picture of Chief David Ogba Onuoha Bourdex.
- Chief Dr. David Ogba Onuoha Bourdex was been issued with the Certificate of return by the party.
- APGA submitted the name of Chief David Ogba Onuoha Bourdex to INEC as their candidate for Abia North senatorial election come 2019.
- Chief David Ogba Onuoha Bourdex has filled all the INEC forms and submitted.
- James Okoroafor is no where to be found in all these happenings.
The question now is, why will James Okoroafor embark on this kind of senseless voyage after fully knowing that he has lost out in the primary?
His he trying to fulfill the paymasters bidding which is an allegation that has been flying around for a while, or is he and his leaders trying to destroy what is left of APGA in Abia State?
Him and his leaders have consistently denied being sponsored by Abia State government, but their actions and inactions consistently points to the fact that, they are being sponsored to destroy a party that at the moment has everything in place to change the government in Abia state to the government of the people.
The leadership of the party at the State and national level have done and are still doing everything to reconcile all parties, but James Okoroafor and his co travelers are still bent on confusing the people and destroying the party. Does this action not show they are being sponsored?
Let me also state this very important fact;
- APGA is the only party in Abia State at the moment with the strongest grass root structure in Abia North and Abia State in general.
- The people of Abia North are ready to vote out the current senator representing the zone and Chief David Ogba Onuoha Bourdex is the man to beat.
- James Okoroafor and Co cannot change the desire of Abia North people.
As a man known for good, I strongly believe that Chief David Ogba Onuoha Bourdex is ready to work with everyone, this is time to reconcile all parties so that the party can face the upcoming general election under a united front.
Engr Kalu Okafor Kalu writes from Ohafia LGA in Abia State
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . For more enquiry, please call +234-903-332-9775 or whatsapp +234-803-792-3602. To place advert, please call 08037923602.